Monday 22 September 2014

A successful PINK weekend

I am home again after a wonderful weekend of fun, laughter and fund raising for the Breast Cancer Network of Australia. When I left the final tally was still being collated but I did hear it was almost $1600….WOW! Our final 'event' was a wonderful high tea prepared by Pauline and it was delicious…….


 To end the weekend there is always the mandatory group photo to add to the many that Judy has framed to hang on the wall…….
So it was time for a quick pack up with the paper flowers still blooming for another day…….
 The auctions were a huge hit and I was thrilled that my donated fabric packs were hotly contested raising about $200 alone - thanks girls! So what did I bring home from that wonderful collection of donated items - and all pink of course so Maisie scored in that department! First of all a Barbie pin cushion for when Maisie makes her first quilt (!!) and hand made by Helen, a beautiful soft flannel baby blanket made by Raylene, a pink large zippered purse made by Faye to possibly hold pencils for Maisie..and a few other items just for fun!…….
 But the most exciting news from the weekend was that I won the raffle….that fabulous quilt stitched and donated by Jude! What a treat as I think there were over 350 tickets sold (maybe even more), so one happy girl and it is already in the bedroom for the little people - much brighter than what was there………..

So once again a huge heartfelt thank you for having me Jude. It was a lovely weekend to remember and I commend you on all your hard work xx 

To end this post I wanted to share a little of last week. On Tuesday I showed a New Zealand couple a little of our William Morris collection in Adelaide. I was a little embarrassed after our Art Gallery tour as Carrick Hill was closed (!), but instead Nydia and Ken of Thorngrove Manor kindly allowed me to show off the quilt I made them and the added bonus was a grand tour of the Manor - WOW!  I was totally spoilt by Alison and Malcolm with lunch in Hahndorf and all these hand stitched gifts. The bunnies are for Beau and Maisie but I think they might have to live here at home as I adore them!……
 Two little quilts with one sitting beside my machine for my coffee mug already……...
 and those bunnies! Thanks so much Alison and Malcolm…hope we meet again "across the ditch" one day xx
And finally last Thursday I received this hand knitted Christmas stocking from Bronnie. Very special as she had made one for Beau over 2 years ago……you are very thoughtful Bronnie..thank you xx 


1 comment:

  1. That high tea looks scrumptious! Congrats on the money raised for Breast Cancer research. And congrats on all your goodies - WOW.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x